Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thank goodness the weekend is over!!!

Sam has been fighting his crusty eyes for a few days and then Friday around noon Miss Pam called to tell me Sam had a fever – ugh! He seemed happy but I picked him up anyway. He was half asleep on the ride home but once home he fought his nap - he finally slept for an hour and when he woke his fever was up to 102. He was pretty grumpy all day (obviously, he was sick!) and only wanted mommy – Mark was on the 9/11 Memorial Bike Ride and my MIL helped with Hannah. I got Hannah down and then proceeded to try to get Sam to bed.

We interrupt this story for a side story:

I decided to try to get Hannah to nap in Sam’s crib to see how she would do. Well I was checking the monitor and Sam saw it and said “Hey, that’s my crib!” I told him yep! The he burst into tears and told me to get her out cuz she was going to “Poop in his crib” – I told him she would not poop in his crib and besides she has a diaper on. He didn’t care – he wanted her OUT! She happen to be awake anyway so we went upstairs and I got her – when I picked her up Sam shouts “she pooped in my crib!!!” she didn’t…. but he was sure she did…oy! That night when I went to put Sam to bed he said “No, that’s Hannah’s crib – I want to sleep in the big boy bed!” I was like “ok sure”! Yeah that lasted a whole 10 mins – as soon as I left he cried and got out of bed –so back in the crib he went…..

Ok back to the story…. So I get Sam to bed finally only to be woken up a few hours later with him sobbing – I knew he was sick so I got Hannah in her co-sleeper (she was in the bed with me) and brought Sam in my bed – he was very quiet at first THEN he just started crying – ugh – I knew he didn’t feel well but I was like “shhh your gonna wake up Hannah!” Remember Mark isn’t here and Sam only wanted me and I had to have Hannah in there since 1) that is where her bed is and 2) I nurse her – so MIL couldn’t really help. Over the next 10 hours one of them was always awake – except from 1-3am – they both slept, as did I. It was a looonnngggg night!!!!

His fever broke during the night cuz when I checked him he was a mass of wetness – soaked head to toe!

Sunday was fairly ok but his fever returned at bedtime – hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow.

To top it off we had thunderstorms every.single.day – we even had hail – I mean really bad hail – so bad I thought they windows were going to crack – why is this bad? Oh cuz Sam is afraid of thunder. I have tried to tell him that thunder is the angels bowling but he doesn’t care….. we went to pick up mark on Sunday and we were having a huge storm and Sam fell asleep in the car seat with his hands over his ears… poor Sammers!

I have never been so happy for a weekend to be over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment