Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Evolution of a Sentence

When Sam was 12 months old he had 1 word.

At 15 months he had 3.

I was starting to get worried and wondered if he would ever talk and then at 16 months his vocabulary exploded! I think he had upwards of 25 words that month. As he got older his vocab got bigger and bigger and then came the sentences.

At first it was hard to understand most of what he said but I quickly learned what he meant.

By age 2 he was a chatterbox just like his daddy! His sentences would go something like this:

Daddy work?

Then it was:

Daddy at work?

Today it was:

Is my dad at work today?

He has been using sentences for a long time now but this morning it hit me – wow, he speaks in complete sentences now. I told him yes, daddy was at work and he replied:

Did he take the motorcycle or the car?

I was having a regular convo with my son – how cool is that!!!

What a difference a few months can make in the life of a toddler … oh and lately he calls us “mom” and “dad” – cracks me up when he does this cuz it makes him seem sooo grown up! Its even funnier when he yells “Spark!” lol

No comments:

Post a Comment