Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the weekend behind me I am looking forward to a better week until.....

I went downstairs to get my freezer pack for the breast milk out of the freezer and realized the door was partially open – I opened the freezer and found all my stash partially thawed – I FREAKED out – I was screaming, crying, cussing – I was beside myself – of course no one would confess to leaving it open – I got Sam to daycare (late) and cried when I told Miss Pam what happened. Then I got to work and cried when my govt customer asked me how my weekend was…. I am just so upset! I have about 100 oz in there and as with Sam my pump supply stinks – I have been pumping on the weekends to compensate but I need that freezer stash for peace of mind when I don’t pump enough. Anyway, I tightly closed the freezer door and will add “My freezer stash” to my daily prayers (God Bless Sam, Hannah…and my freezer stash). I will thaw some out tonight and do a taste test…..

As any mom does in this day and age I consulted Mr Google and felt a huge weight come off my shoulders when I read this: “The researchers took frozen breast milk and thawed it, refroze it, refrigerated it and left it out at room temperature. Essentially, they beat it up. What did they find? Breast milk is fairly robust and does not grow bacteria easily nor lose vitamins A and C or free fatty acids (FFA) to any degree that would harm a full term baby.”

Oh heavens – I really hope this is the case for me – I cannot imagine losing all my milk…….

No comments:

Post a Comment