Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The culprit!

When I picked up Sam from school today his teachers were very concerned about Sam's cough and suggested I get him seen ASAP - so I called the ped and gave them all the details - crusty eyes, fever, runny nose, cough - They seemed pretty convinced the cough was croup and unless he had labored breathing (he didnt) they wouldnt treat him for it - its viral and needs to run its course - after a few minutes the nurse told me I could still bring him in for a check as it sounded to her like he has an ear infection.  I thought to myself "he doesnt have an EI  - I would KNOW if he had one"... my mommy instinct told me to just get him looked at so we went in.  Sam wanted to go to the doctor  - he asked me several times when we were leaving (when daddy gets home) but once there in the doctors office he freaked - he didnt even want to get weighed - didnt want his temp taken - nothing - it was a battle!  Anyway as soon as she looked in his ear she said :
"oh - he has a nasty ear infection"

*GASP*

*DISBELIEF*

What???  He does??? Are you sure???  How did I not know this?  He wasnt pulling on his ears - they weren't red - he was sleeping fine (besides his cough)

I felt horrible that he had been feeling like crap and I didnt even realize it - I asked him if his ears hurt - he said "yes".   =(  I guess next time he gets sick I will ask first thing!!!

Anyway we leave there and head to CVS to get his abx - we wait and wait and finally the pharmacist realizes they called in the abx to a different CVS - grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While waiting for 45 mins we eat funyuns, gummy worms, and water - then Sam gets bored and starts playing with all the generic Zyrtec bottles - I am like "Sam.... stop!  Sam leave those alone"  Until he looks at me and says "Ohhh I found a dollar!"  I look and look again - he found a TWENTY dollar bill!!! OMG!  I tell the pharm and he says "keep it"  so being the good mommy that I am I put it in Sam's savings account.

It was a long evening but glad to know Sam is on his way to recovery.... oh and twenty bucks richer ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment