Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend projects and happenings

It was a fun filled weekend! We got a lot done and here are the pics to prove it =)


Friday
I stopped at Goodwill on my way home because another blog I follow finds all these cool things at hers and then she refinishes them and they look amazing - well apparently rich people live where she does cuz our Goodwill was horrible!!!! I saw this cute little chair and figured I could use it on my deck as a plant holder and this frame could be cute if I painted it and added some paper to the front - so I gave them my $3 and went out the door!



After a little paint on the chair and the pot that I already had we have this:





I love how it turned out. The only bad part is that Sam seems to think this is HIS chair so 3 times he went over and knocked the plant off so he could sit down - ugh - it was cute the first time but not the others =)


For the frame I spray painted it black then attached some paper to the front - I put in a pic from our wedding day - ahhh.... we look so young..... and we get this:


Saturday
I thought Saturday would be a wash but the rain held off and it was beautiful!!!! Sam and I spent most of the day outside playing with rocks, watching ants, looking for the bunnies (they left the nest) and watching the kids fish in the creek. After Zac's game on Saturday he came down for he night.


Sam I took a walk Saturday afternoon and he actually kept his glasses on for once - the sun was bright - he looks so cool in this pic =)


There are 2 projects in this first pic - the slide and the tree. The tree on the far left is dead so we decided to chop it down and Mark will be making a tree house for Sam to use when he gets older - The slide will eventually be part of the tree house but I got a really good deal on that off Craigslist so we picked it up - Currently it sits on the hammock stand - it looks funny but Sam loves that slide!!! He goes down on his butt and his tummy =)


Sam helping Daddy get ready


Now its time to cut down the tree! Here is Mark with his chainsaw up on the ladder - is that an OSHA violation?? haha

Upstairs in Josh's room we were taking pictures and Zac was video taping it - Here is Sam and Zac by the window

Apparently Piper wanted to see what was going on too so when Sam got down Piper jumped up - haha

Here are a few pics of the tree coming down




Zac helped Mark cut the tree up for fire wood



That night we started to burn the wood in a fire pit - Billy and Sean came over and they all made smores - it was a beautiful night - a little cool with a warm fire - ahhhhh great way to end the day~


Sunday
Sunday it rained all day - blah! Which means we had to keep Sam entertained inside - he must have asked 100 times if he could go outside =)


I however had a Vera Bradley tea to go to so I left Sam with Mark and Zac and headed out. The event was a benefit for the Nexus School (kids with aspergers and autism) and I work with a girl who's son goes there. The event consisted of door prizes, raffles, and bingo! Man, I cant remember the last time I played bingo!

I ended up winning a bag!!!! Yay!!! Here it is - its a summer tote and came with matching flip flops (my size!) and a beach towel. - Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment