Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Best Day Ever? Not quite......

Sam had a bad start to his day – he woke briefly at 5:45 then went back to sleep (guess he couldn’t find his paci) at 6:30 when I went in he was sound asleep – I hate waking him =( He was grumpy as can be – wouldn’t sit still to nurse so I put him down – oh geez then he really started freaking out – arching his back – screaming – tears flowing – I told him to sit nice and we would try again – this time he nursed ok – then he didn’t want to get dressed – screaming again – changing his diaper was a nightmare – I finally get his pants and shirt on then he doesn’t want shoes on oh wait, he changed his mind shoes! Shoes! Now he wants them….

I knew we would be late for school so I wanted him to eat something before we left – I made (yes I actually baked!!! Haha) Blueberry apple mini muffins – he loves them and had one with a banana – well he wanted to walk around with the muffin – because we were on a time crunch with his appt at 7:15 I let him – But he wouldn’t eat it – he just carried it around – So I finally took the muffin away- oh boy – Breakdown! On the floor, head on the ground, screaming again! Muffin! Muffin! I break off a piece and try to put it in his mouth but noooo he wanted to HOLD the muffin….. I tell him no and to take a bite – screaming continues for several minutes – I finally give him the !&^%@&*% muffin (Its 6:58 and we need to leave at 7 to make the appt) and he puts it to his mouth but won’t eat it – what the heck???? I try to remain calm and am now holding him – I walk around the house thinking maybe if we go in the dining room he will eat it, why did I think that? No clue…. Lol – then we go in the foyer and then the living room – next thing you know he eats it! Yes!!! Its now 7:04......off to get the jacket on and leave the house!

We have to go get his iron and lead levels checked (this was supposed to be done at 12 months but they forgot to tell us and we missed our 15 month so here we are) – when Sam gave blood for his allergy test the pediatric phlebotomist had a hard time finding a vein =( So I was dreading these people finding one - I was holding him in my lap with my arm across him and another nurse had his arm then the one getting the blood – well the needle goes in and no blood – Sam of course is screaming – she moves the needle in and out slightly trying to find the vein – I felt sooo bad for Sammy =( Then she finally found one – thank God!!!! Until she drops the 2nd tube on the floor…. What??? OMG!!!!! You could tell she was thinking “how in the heck am I am going to get another tube”???? She asks the other lady “if I get a tube can you hold him still” The needle is obviously still in his arm…..she says yes and luckily she easily gets one and Sam sits still – so 2 tubes later we are finally done! Whew!

Then we get to school and I let Sam have a soft pretzel but I won’t let him have the whole thing so he freaks out again….. I hide half the pretzel and try to get him to focus on HIS half and then give him a quick kiss goodbye and head to work –

Once in the car the the Sponge Bob song came on the radio “Best Day Ever” (great song by the way) and I had a nice chuckle…. This is nowhere near the best day ever…….

No comments:

Post a Comment