Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bunnies!

There is always a rabbit running in the yard and about 2 weekends ago when we were doing mulch I asked mark to clean out the leaves inside the bush - he reached then stopped and pulled his hand away quickly -he said - I think there is something alive in there - so he used a stick and covered it back up and we let it be - he thought it might be bunnies. Saturday we could see the sticks and stuff moving around - how exciting! Today either the mom or the bunnies moved the nest away (maybe to get some air?) and we could easily see them - there were 3 all snuggled close

Around 6:30 tonight I saw one of the bunnies under a different bush and I was worried he got lost - mark had gloves on so he figured he could safely move the bunny back to the nest - see how adorable!!!!!

He placed him close by the nest but he ran past it and under the tree - then another bunny came out - I guess they are old enough now to come out on their own? I havent seen the mom in a few days though - What on earth do bunnies eat? I put some chopped carrots out just in case - I worry about this stupid cat across the street getting them...... hopefully they will be just fine =)

Update at 9pm sunday - the mom is back! yay! Looks like she covered the babies back up and brought some new nesting material =)

No comments:

Post a Comment