Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Reading Corner

Sam's playroom is a work in progress.... we are using the "formal" living room since we wouldnt ever use it for its intended purpose. I saw this in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog and decided to make this my inspiration:

So, I went to the dollar store and snagged some books (for, yep, you guessed it $1)


I already had most of the ribbon so I only had to buy 2 spools. I was planning on Mark making a book display similar to the one at pottery barn but then I saw these other shelves and decided we could easily do those for cheap!

I then grabbed some cute vinyl off etsy and put that above the single bookshelf -The finished product is below - I thought it turned out pretty cool! Not to mention Sam looks adorable when he walks over and takes a book off the shelf =)

While I had the camera out I snagged a few more pics of the playroom:

No comments:

Post a Comment