Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Surgery

I had my surgery today and it went well - The DR did request that I step on something a little larger next time as it took him 2 hours to get it out of my foot!  It ended up being leaded glass, not metal -he was happy he got it out - so was I!!
 
 
 
Recovery was ok - I had to be intubated so my throat is killing me - I can only eat soft foods.  I am on crutches right now and was told not to put any weight on my foot for 5 days. Crutches with 2 toddlers is hard. Lucky for me Mark has stepped up to the plate and is doing everything - Sam has pleasantly surprised me such that he understands I cant do everything with him and he needs to ask daddy for things - he didnt even fuss when I told him daddy had to put him to bed.  Hannah is laid back so she is doing fine - She does like for me to hold her so I sit in the play room so she can snuggle on my lap.
 
I head to Myrtle Beach next week and was told no pool!  He said my risk of mersa was extremely high  =(  ugh.....  So, last night I ordered some rain boots - I figure I can cover my foot and at least get in the baby pool with Hannah - I may look stupid but oh well =)
 
Here's to a speedy recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment