Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Its official! Sam is in Pre-K!!!!


Wow!  I have a kid in Pre-K!!!  Because he has a late bday he will miss the cut-off next year for kindergarten so technically he will have 2 yrs of Pre-K - hopefully that works out for the best!
In Pre-K they really focus on writing - they even have a journal!  The first day they practiced their names over and over.  Sam has been writing for several months now but he always got his "S" wrong so when I asked him to show me how he writes his name I was anxious to see it......
 

OMG He did it perfectly -  I smiled so big and gave him a huge hug!! Then he said "Mommy can you spell Hannah so I can write her name too?"  So I did and as he ran out of room he wrote his letters smaller - haha - but he wrote it so well. It is so cool to watch him learn what is just second nature to us adults "how to write" - I cant wait to see his journal either.  They also focus on working in groups rather than individual play and Sam told me he learned how to use a ruler ☺
 
At pick up the first thing he said to me was "Mommy, I like Pre-K, I want to go there every day"!

1 comment:

  1. Sam will ba way too smart when he finally gets to go to Kindergarten. Might have to skip to first grade.....

    ReplyDelete