Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Let's Talk

Sam's nightly routine is going upstairs at 8pm – grabbing his blanket and pacifier and heading to “mommy’s bed” for some last minute snuggling, prayers and songs (Sam loves Bon Jovi’s Living on a Prayer and Little Bunny foo-foo- haha). We usually stay there for 20 mins then I take Sam to his crib, rub his back and he goes down for the night.


Last night he must have had a burst of energy – Mark was laying down with us and Sam was jumping on the bed and head butting Mark – I told him 100 times to lay down – it was time to settle down – he still didn’t listen so I warned him one last time that if he did it again we were going to Sam’s room. He jumped again. SO I picked him up and took him to his room, screaming. He wanted to be in Mommy’s bed! We get to his room and I close the gate so he cant escape and he runs over and hangs on it crying “mommy’s bed! mommy’s bed!”

The first thing out of my mouth was “Sam. Lets talk. Come here please”. As soon as those words left my mouth I thought “who says “lets talk” to a 2 year old”????

Surprisingly he stopped, looked at me and said “yeah, talk mommy” and walked over to me and sat in my lap. He then looked up to me ready to listen. I was a little shocked how this seemed to be a “grown-up convo” I was having with a 2 year old. So, I tell him how Mommy asked him to stop jumping and he didn’t listen and that is why we came to his room. I tell him he needs to listen to mommy when she asks him to do something. He says “ok mommy”. Then he says “Mommy’s bed?” – I knew I shouldn’t but I then say “Are you going to jump on mommy’s bed?” he says “no”. Then I say “can mommy have a kiss?” He gives me a HUGE hug and kiss and then I scoop him up and take him back to my room for 10 minutes where he does as promised and lay there while we sing and snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment