Saturday, November 6, 2010

I lost Sam today

No, we weren't at the store - or at the zoo or the park.  We were at home. Yes, I lost my 2 year old in my own house!
We both went upstairs so I could check email really quick - Sam decided he wanted to go downstairs so I let him thinking he would go in the play room.
After 3-4 mins I get done with email and I call to him.... no answer.....

Then I walk downstairs....ok this is weird, he isnt in the play room.....
Laundry room? no
Hall closet? no
Bathroom? no
Under the table?  no
The dog door!!!  I run outside, he isnt on the deck so I go down on the patio - nope he isnt there.

This is when I get really scared - OMG where is Sam!! Panic sets in!

I start calling for him - no answer. 

I run back upstairs and recheck my room, Josh's room then I go in Zac's room and open his closet.... Hi Mommy. 

There is Sam sitting in Zac's closet (he closed the door and Zac was still asleep) playing with a dinosaur I had stored in there.

I scooped him up and tell him he scared mommy and when mommy calls he has to come to her.  Sam's reply "snack?"

THE scariest 4 minutes of my life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment