Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Five Love Languages

If you have never read this book you should go out and get it now!  Mark and I both read it while we were dating and it provides great insight as to what your partner wants -

QUALITY TIME, WORDS OF AFFIRMATION, GIFTS, ACTS OF SERVICE, PHYSICAL TOUCH

The point of the book is that just because YOU like to receive gifts as an act of love doesnt mean that is what your partner needs - one of you may need quailty time while the other needs gifts.

They also have a children's version of the book and w/o even reading it I can tell you Sam's love language is Acts of Service.  Some may call him lazy -haha - but he loves it when other people do things for him.  I constantly hear "Ma, do it"  "Ma, get it".  This morning in the car Sam dropped his french toast stick - we were still in the neighborhood so when he said "Ma, get it" I pulled over to retrieve his french toast stick (cuz I love him) and lo and behold it was on his leg - EASILY accesible.  But he wanted someone else to get it for him.   Two minutes later while on the main road same thing happens - but I tell him Mommy is driving and I cant get it right now - so he picks it up himself....haha

I always try to show him I love him thru HIS love language and I hope that makes him happy =)

So, what is your child's love language?

No comments:

Post a Comment