Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We stayed home this year and our friends Martha and Eric came up from Alexandria.  When she offered to cook I asked her how fast could she get here =)  haha

Zac was excited as well and said "does that mean we will have a REAL Thanksgiving dinner this year"?   lol     Last year, we didnt.....

First we had to start cooking!  Wednesday night Martha and Sam started on the pecan bars - Sam wanted to help - we asked him what he was making and he said Apple Pie - not sure where he got that from-


 We looked outside and OMG it was snowing!!!  I couldnt believe it! They were calling for sleet not snow!  It was 46 degrees too - anyway Piper and Sam wanted to go out in it for a bit - it was chilly!




This was about all we got before it did turn to sleet but it was so pretty while it lasted =)


 Mark fried a turkey -it didnt look yummy but it was soooo good!!!!


 Martha is about 15 weeks along with her first baby (Congrats!!)  so we took a "belly" pic - I am 25 weeks - and wow am I short!!!!!!


I made a "Thankful" tree as the table centerpiece - this was one of those times I really wish I had a die cut machine - I had to hand cut all those leafs -ugh! What a pain!  Anyway, if you know us your name is on a leaf - cuz we are thankful for YOU!

 Here is the turkey we baked (yep 2 turkeys!)  It was delish!!!!!


Time to eat!


We hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving and were surrounded by friends and family - we were =)

No comments:

Post a Comment