Sunday, February 13, 2011

Child Proofing

I always heard that once the child takes its first step its time to child proof the house!  That wasnt the case for us - I wasnt ever really concerned with Sam getting into things - mainly I guess because he didnt have free range of the house so I always knew what he was up to.  Even the fire place hearth didnt bother me, again cuz I was right there, always!

Until now..... Sam is just about 2.5 yrs old and OMG he is into EVERYTHING these days and he does have free range of the house (you know how fast a 2.5 yr old can run up the steps!!!!)  Anyway - his newest thing is reaching into the knife drawer in the kitchen - YIKES!  So Mark decided this was THE TIME TO CHILD PROOF!!!  Its a pain for me but its better than Sam is safe!


So last night Sam goes to open one of the cabinets and exclaims "Its broke Mommy!"  as he pulls on it - LOL - I tell him Daddy locked them so he stays safe - bless his heart he kept trying to open that drawer =)

Now to figure out the fire place - Sam LOVES to spin in circles and then falls down all dizzy - several times he has fallen really close to the fire place - ugh!  He also likes to tug rope with Piper which means he goes flying across the room..... always something I tell ya =)

No comments:

Post a Comment