Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Nonni Monster - Take 2!



Well the time has come for a visit from the Nonni Monster!  Hannah stopped using a paci at school back in October when she had hand, foot, and mouth - I should have taken it away then as well but I didn't.  She had them in the car and in the crib.  I kept telling Sam that the Nonni Monster was coming to which he replied "Your the Nonni Monster!!"  =)
The car one was easy - she loves gum - so instead of giving her the paci I gave her gum and that was that!
She had chewed holes in 2 of her nonni's so I cut off the tip and gave them back to her so she only had 1 actual paci left.  I put a small hole in it but she still sucked on it. The next night I put a bigger hole and she still sucked on it!  So I finally chopped it off and at bedtime told her it was broke.  Yes, she cried.  But maybe for a good 5 mins thats it.  Same thing the next 2 nights then it was done.
She still sleeps with them though (they are the wubbanubs) and tells me every night "broke, mommy"

Farewell pacifiers - since Hannah is our last child our house is pacifier free - party anyone??? 
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid we need a visit from the Nonni monster - Nat is still hooked on his! At least Sammy can take it or leave it...

    ReplyDelete