Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pinkie Promise




Sam knows how to dress himself – he has done it several times but when it comes to school mornings you would think I am trying to get him to eat poison. He refuses to dress himself!  Mornings are usually rushed so I just dress him myself.
Last night before bed I was talking to Sam and told him that he was 4yrs old and he needs to start dressing himself in the morning.  I asked him if he could try it tomorrow. He said yes!  And then I made him Pinkie Promise – which he thought was hilarious and then insisted we thumb promise too!

The next morning he refused so I reminded him of the  Pinkie Promise and then decided he could put on his socks and underwear and I would do the rest.

Then today we are walking down the steps

Sam:Mommy, I had a dream last night  (He always tells me about his silly dreams!)  I said “
Me: Oh yeah? Tell me about it.d do the rest. He agreed. 
Sam: I had a dream that we didn't make a pinkie promise or a thumb promise or a pointer promise – or any promise at all!  I am not dressing myself!
Me: trying not to laugh  Oh yeah? Kissed him on the nose  Well when are you going to dress yourself?
Sam: When I am your age!
Me: Ummm, no. You need to do it now
Sam: Mommy when I grow up I want to be a dentist
Mewhat happened to getting dress convo???
Sam: Oh and a daddy! A dentist and a daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment