Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hannah - 18 months



Hannah just had her 18 month well visit (at 19 months!) and she is up to 21lbs (yep, the oldest and smallest in her class!)
She is doing great with every thing except for talking.  She has 5 words and the ped wants her to have 20.  uh-oh....
At 17 months Sam had over 50 words so I knew she was behind but I was trying not to worry about it since I know all kids develop at different rates.  Mark took her to her appt and he said the ped said its best to nip these things in the bud as early as possible, otherwise time will fly and she will be 3 years old mumbling words that no one understands...we do not want that!  So we have 2 months to get her to 20 words and if not she will get evaluated for Speech Therapy.  Kinda scary but at the same time I want the best for my child and if she needs speech therapy then by all means she will get it!
I spoke with the director at her school and they are going to help encourage her to talk more too - even do a little one-on-on time with her (I love her school!!!).  She has said a few other words here and there but since they arent consistent ... they dont count.
 
So.... 2 months to go....15 words....can we do it?
...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment