Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Girls Weekend/Guys Weekend and the ickies

Last month we had planned out that this weekend Mark would take Sam to the Penn State game and Hannah I would stay home and have a "girls weekend".  I was super excited to spend some alone time with Hannah and I knew Sam would have a blast with Mark.  But things never turn out like you expect ....do they?
 
I got a call from Malvern at 9:30am on Thursday. There were several cases of Hand Foot and Mouth going around and they they saw some sores in Hannah's mouth....ugh!  So I pick her up and head home. She is super happy girl, eats lunch, we play outside, she naps.  Why did I pick her up??
Then comes Friday.... and the fever hits.  She is NOT a happy girl anymore. In fact she is screaming most of the time.  She didnt want to be held.... she didnt want to be put down... she wanted to eat but couldnt....
We had moments of happiness though - when we were outside in the swing

 or helping me pick up leaves
or trying on her halloween costume
 
But the weekend pretty much sucked..... she was on tylenol and motrin and would only eat popsicles

She had to be 100% asleep before I could put her in the crib and then she woke every 1-2 hours.
I have never felt so helpless.... She was in pain and there wasnt much I could do for her. Its a virus and needs to run its course. Ped told me 5 days till she will be better.  and yep the following Tuesday she finally went back to school and a week later we are still trying to get her to go to sleep on her own once again.
sigh....
 
As for Mark and Sam..... they had a blast!  Mark said he was really well behaved and listened....must be nice!  =)
 
 
Sam slept the 2nd half of the game -haha


Reading with Gramps and Great Grandma V
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment