Monday, April 30, 2012

Hannah's First Word

Not sure why but I don’t count mommy and daddy as the first word – so whatever word comes after that becomes the official 1st word in the baby book! 
Today Sam and Hannah were in the playroom while I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready – Sam yells to me “Mommy! Hannah signed for book!”  I sorta didn’t believe him but said “Oh that’s great!”  Later that night I was in the playroom with Hannah and she brought me a book and then SIGNED for Book!  OMG she does know the sign for book!  (Sign language is like that… just when you think they don’t know it they sign!) Then she said it “Book”.  Ok so it sounds more like “bk” but it was definitely book – considering she signed for it as well!  Way to go Hannah!

As a side note I always worry about their speech…. With Sam I was a wreck – he followed the normal “1 word at 12 months and 3 words by 15 months” but I was still concerned he didn’t know more words… then at 16 months … BAM! He knew 20 words!  So I am trying to remember this with Hannah and not freak out….yet….. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment