Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to the allergist!

We headed back to St Christopher’s Children’s Hopsital today for Sam’s food challenge with milk.  I was sooo nervous!  The testing took about 90 mins.  They started off giving him about 1cc of cows milk and then waiting 10 mins and would check on him – then they did 5 cc, then waited 10 mins, then they did 20 cc’s, etc  etc etc.  After an hour of no reactions they filled his sippy with about 2 oz of cows milk and then waited 30 mins – he did great – didn’t have any reactions and loved the cows milk!  So, looks like Sam outgrew  his milk allergy and we are free to give him whatever we want.  We head home and I have him taste a piece of a mozzarella cheese stick – he hates it!  The next night I try mac-n-cheese, yep, you guessed it, he hated it!! OMG!  I have been dying to give my kid cheese and he doesn’t even like it!!!!!  Oh well….. at least I don’t need to read ingredients on boxes anymore ;-)

To celebrate we stopped at Chic-Fil-A on the way home and Sam got his first ever Happy meal!!!  Their chicken has milk in it so he couldnt have it before.  He got chicken, fries, and some Hi-C fruit punch - he loved it all!  I dont think he has had that much juice in his entire life - LOL!  The best part of their happy meal is they giev you a "place mat" that is taped down for the food to go on - genious!

No comments:

Post a Comment