Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Sam!!!

Sam woke up at 12:45am this morning – screaming – as if it say “Hey mom and dad, its MY BIRTHDAY come and get me”!!!! Mark brought him in bed with us where he continued to ‘play’ until 5am – boy was that an exhausting night!!! I sent him off to school with a box of popsicles for him and his friends – yeah, I know, he doesn’t know its his bday but I do!

When I picked him up from school I thought it would be fun to take him to the Dollar store and let him pick out a few toys – yeah, what the heck was I thinking???? We walk in and he goes straight for the Halloween candy – he finds Lollipops – he wants lollipops – I have a million lollipops at home – No, Sam you cant have lollipops – a tantrum ensues….. OMG! I try to distract him and get him to go look at toys – I finally pick him up and take him to the toy section and put him down – he runs back to the candy aisle screaming “lollipops, lollipops” - so, I give in and say “fine we can get lollipops” – Oh but wait … he wants one NOW – not later. No, Sam, we cant open them here – after dinner you can have a lollipop. Screaming, I take him back to the toy aisle – I am showing him all kinds of snakes and cars but he wants his lollipops. Ok new plan – Hey Sam, want a balloon?? Sam’s eyes light up “Balloon?” So we set off to get some balloons. I find a few he would like and we head to the register - uh-oh there are lollipops at the register – So I pick up Sam and am trying to hold balloons and some other things I picked up and Sam is hitting me with the balloons (he thinks this is hilarious) and I am trying to move them away – not working so well…… then he sees the lollipops – OMG! Get me out of here!!! There are 3 teenage boys in front of me watching in horror – hahaha – I wanted to say ‘hey, guys make sure you have safe sex or you will get one of these” LOL! I grab lollipops and try to keep the peace for the last 2 mins while I am trying to pay…… I finally get Sam in the car and we head home….. never again….. oy!

Mark got home around 5pm and we had dinner and the did presents – he loved opening them – we really didn’t get any good pics though =( After that we gave him a treat – since he is still milk-free I passed on the cake (they are gross) and gave him an oatmeal cookie and marshmallows and some chocolate frosting (Pillsbury’s whipped frosting is made with soy). We put 2 candles in and he actually blew them out! I couldn’t believe it – so after he blew them out another 5 times he went for that oatmeal cookie….until…. I had him taste the frosting – then it was instant love! He gobbled that frosting up and asked for more “chocolate” – too cute!


After that we played with his new Thomas Train set and then headed to bed.

Happy birthday Sam – you are growing up so fast! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment