Thursday, September 23, 2010

Myrtle Beach Trip Sept 2010

Me, Sam , and my mom heading to Myrtle Beach on Saturday 11 September – we left at 9am and stopped once for gas and once for lunch and arrived at 5pm – 8 hours wasn’t bad at all and Sam did great in the car!!

Mark and I have a timeshare at Ocean Watch – this year it is finally complete and a fully functioning resort – it’s beautiful!!! Big pools, baby pools, zero entry pool, pool bars, heated pools and hot tubs, awesome children’s activity center, super cool tree house, oh I could go on and on – I love this place!!!!


Sunday was beautiful – cloudy but warm – didn’t even need the umbrella at the beach! Sam instantly loved the ocean, sand, and the pools! What a joy it was to watch the excitement on his face when a wave splashed over him – even when he got a mouthful of salt water (yuck) he went back for another wave with a huge smile! We took a break at lunch time and went to the activity center for some finger painting! Sam had a blast and moved on to coloring and then outside to play before we headed back to the room for lunch!





I won’t go into daily details as that might be too boring – haha – but we pretty much started each day with beach time, then pool time, then lunch and nap, then dinner and evening activity. One night we did roasted marshmallows by the campfire, a few nights of shopping, and other nights just walked around the resort enjoying the weather.






Sam loved to chase the sand pipers and seagulls – he loved taking hour long walks with my mom (no stroller for him! Haha) – he loved splashing in the water and making new friends!





Oh and I had a first while there! I learned to change a wet diaper standing up around 12 months when he was very squirmy and wouldn’t lay still but while at the beach I had to change a pooopy diaper standing up! Ugh! We were grabbing a bite to eat and the bathroom didn’t have a change table so I just had him stand there – haha – what a site as you can imagine – he didn’t care but it was quite a memory for me! One that I hope I don’t have to ever do again!

There was a hose on the boardwalk that lead back to the room and Sam loved that hose – so much that he sat there one day with my mom for about 30 mins and when people would walk by with sandy feet he would tell them “dirty” and then rinse off their feet – what a hoot!

Here are a few more of my fav pics from the week – its hard to just pic a few!!!




We tried to take those "professional pics" that everyone does at the beach - but boy was it WINDY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment