Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend happenings

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Friday after work I started to work on a reuse project =)  I got this from a great place called Mom's Garden and it was FREE!!  You cant beat that. As you can see it has been sitting around for a long time just rusting away, not being taken care of.... boo- hoo


So I brought it home and added some love and we got this beauty - it looks quite nice in the back yard



Then after Sam went to bed I decided to try to re-make a shirt - I saw the tutorial online and you basically use a shirt that is 1 size too big (I had some large Old Navy tops I wore when I was pregnant) and then you cut and tie over and over - it hard to tell from the pics but it turned out cute!

Before:


After:



Saturday while Sam napped I tackled the kitchen mail - this is where all the mail goes and it drives me batty!!!  I like clean counters!


So I moved the tissues to the living room and cleaned off the shelves.  Next, I had this box sitting around that had some of Sam's books in them - a nice sturdy box! Perfect for mail!

I had some paper of old maps and thought it would be perfect since the mail comes from all over the world.... I used some modge podge and glued that sucker on and added some letters to spell out "Mail" and we get this:



And now its all nice and neat =)



We also broke out the water table and Sam had a blast with that!


Sunday was Mothers Day  - I woke up and made these yummy pop-up pancakes


dont they look delicious???



Sam enjoyed them too!



It was a pretty chilly day so we hung out inside mostly - I tried to snag a few pics with Sam - he doesnt look too happy here does he? hahahah



At least I got a smile here!  This photo was really blurry so I made it yellow to hide it - heehee


1 comment:

  1. Great my birdbath looks beautiful. I will be picking it up next time I come to PA. And it is free also. ha ha Love all the updates and the neat things you have done with the box, mail, shirts and even the clever way you fixed the blurry photo. You are so clever and smart.... must get that from your Mom. ha ha Love you all.... Kiss Sammy for me.....

    ReplyDelete