Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I am not the parent I thought I would be

I always pictured myself as having this very clean child – no runny nose – no dirty hands – clean clothes

Then Sam came along.

He is ALL BOY! He loves the mud and water and mulch and bugs and dirt and everything messy! His nose runs constantly – I try to keep up with it but its impossible! Last night we had some mud puddles by the shed and Sam was dropping rocks in the water while saying “splash” and if the splash wasn’t big enough he would pick it up and drop it again. My first instinct was “Sam! Get out of the mud – look at your clothes – ugh!” But then I thought you know what? He is having so much fun and he is a child! Let him be one! So I gave him more rocks to splash and then gave him a bucket of water to make more mud (which he did) then in all his muddy glory he wanted me to hold him….. and I did! My clothes can be washed but the day will never be re-lived. I want Sam to look back and remember what a great childhood he had – with the mud and water and bugs – so that is what I am going to let him have. Have fun Sammy! Make mommy a mud pie =)

No comments:

Post a Comment