Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow - 2010! Time sure does fly these days.... New Years Eve was spent at home - I went to bed at 9:30pm - Mark stayed up with the boys and their 2 friends - Josh almost made it to midnight but fell asleep at 11:40pm. So, at midnight Mark, Zac, Billy and Sean all toasted in the New Year with some bubbly. Billy thought it was really good and asked Mark for a second glass


B: Wow Mr V. I cant believe you are letting us drink!

M: huh? Its non-alcoholic

B: it is???

M: Umm, yeah - your 16, you really think I would let you all drink? lol


New Years Day we hosted a PSU gathering to cheer on the team at the Capitol One bowl - we won! Yay! Ate a little pork and saurkraut for good luck and enjoyed the day with friends. Josh baked Mark a birthday cake - Happpy Birthday Honey!!! - which he proceeded to eat the whole thing by himself =) The boys got Mark a Harley Davidson bar stool for his future bar in the basement - he loved it! With the start of the new year I am trying to watch my credit cards and online shopping habits - haha. So, starting Jan 1 I am only using cash! I guess its sorta like the envelope system except rather than divy money btwn envelopes I am taking out $100 each friday for the week - that will be used for gas, food, gifts, or whatever is needed that week. For those that have done this what do you think? Is $100 a good amount - too much? too little? For the next 3 weeks whatever money I have left over I will be putting in my vacation stash for Aruba. Today I ran out to get some diapers from BRU cuz they had a great sale and with my coupons I got packs of diapers for $2 each!!! woo-hoo! Then I went to grab Sam some milk - its normally $4 for half a gallon -well it was on sale for 2.99 and I had $1 coupon so I got that for $1.99 - love getting good deals!

We look forward to 2010 and all that it may bring - we wish you all only good things this year!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment