Friday, May 10, 2013

Experiments

I have mentioned before how much Sam loves doing science experiments.  I found a new one to try online called "exploding bags" and knew Sam would love it!  You add vinegar, hot water, and baking soda to a bag and then seal it shut and watch it explode.

you can see the bag is expanding





but nothing happened - it didn't explode!  So we tried again!




Again - nothing! bummer!

One more try!



This one did break open but it didn't pop!


We tried it one more time before bed and wouldn't you know it worked perfectly and exploded.... of course I didn't have the camera since I assumed it would be a dud again!  Anyway, Sam loved it!
It was a great chance to teach Sam though that sometimes things don't work out like you expected!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I was expecting to see a mess all over the kids. ha ha

    ReplyDelete