Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas gifts


As I was putting together the kids teacher's gifts for Christmas I thought it would be cute to have Sam pick out something for his teacher – who he LOVES!! So, we went to Target, of course! He found a gingerbread man box and picked out some candy and was happy with his gift. Two days later he decides he needs more stuff for the box and asks me what I have. I give him a few options and he picks them out and stick them in the box. Wednesday night I put some tissue paper in it and left it downstairs. Thursday morning I am in the bathroom getting ready for work and Sam comes in asking where the box is – I ask him why? He says he needs to put more stuff in it – I tell him its full – he starts to get upset cuz he REALLY wants the box so I tell him where it is. He brings it in my closet and takes out the tissue paper and is looking around for something – he spots my ribbon and decides yes, ribbon – she likes to craft (says Sam) so e wants 3 pieces – one big, one bigger, and one biggest. The he puts them in the box – and said “Mommy, is it lovely?” yes it is! “Is it beautiful?” yep! “Will it be Miss Tammy’s favorite gift?” Maybe! He carried to downstairs and held it in the car and carried it into school – he was sooo Proud of himself – very sweet! Miss Tammy said that he took everything out the box and explained to her what it was - haha
I got the teachers these little carry all totes along with a target gift card. I used this idea before and loved so I did it for the gift cards. I opened a pop-top can from the bottom and then filled it with shredded paper and the gift card and glued the bottom back on. I found the wrapper online and it says “Good Tidings we bring to you in a tin” =)

 
When they return in January Hannah will be moving up to the older toddlers (my baby is growing up) room and Sam will be getting a new Teachers Aid in his classroom. Here’s to a seamless transition!

No comments:

Post a Comment