Monday, May 21, 2012

New Orleans

I had a conference to attend in New Orleans and decided to make it easy on Mark – I left him home with Sam and I took Hannah with me (my mom came along to watch her during the day). We flew out on a Sunday and had a layover in Atlanta – Hannah did really well until we were about to land in Atlanta – I think btwn the pressure in her ears and being tired it all came crashing down…..

Once in Atlanta though she fell asleep and didn’t wake up until we were taking off again

We arrived in NO and found our luggage and a cab – we were staying in the French Quarter right on Canal Street – we were on the 37th floor with a view of the Mississippi

 – I can now easily see why NO flooded so easily – the water is high even during a dry time.  We walked around on Sunday and found a quick bite to eat – some good ole Louisiana Fried Chicken…. Aka, Popeyes!  Hahaha    I was tired and didn’t think Hannah would last thru a meal so we got food and took it back to the hotel.
 
The week went well – bedtime was a little tricky for Hannah the first few nights but naps were good – she slept while mom walked thru the city each day or just hung out in the stroller

The weather was HOT and HUMID!


We had yummy beignets from Café du Monde



Muffelatta from the Corner Grocer

Lamb and steak from Brennans
And Red beans and rice and Jambalaya from a little café


And for dessert……


PINKBERRY!!!  Yum!  I have always wanted to try this stuff (frozen yogurt) so we got some and enjoyed it outside.  One night we even had it for dinner! lol

Mom said Hannah was really good all week – she loved walking around and checking things out =)





Being silly with mommy





When we were walking back to the room one night a float went by and one guy threw Hannah some beads!  Hahaha  She loved them!



…oh yeah and the conference went well too…..

p.s.  my mom took 1000 pictures during the week - haha - it was hard to just pick a few!




No comments:

Post a Comment