Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hannah's First Birthday

Today my sweet girl turned 1 one year old!  This year flew by way faster than Sam’s first year!
Here you are just minutes old


Your daddy was over the moon to finally have a little girl after 3 boys…. When I was planning your 1st birthday party he said “Anything for my princess” – uh-oh   Sounds like your Daddy will be spoiling you for the rest of your life – in honor of having a girl he wore a pink shirt the day you were born


And then he wore a pink shirt on your first birthday too ♥

And he is still crazy about his little girl! 

So, on your 1st birthday here is a little note from me to you:

Dearest Hannah,
I remember the day you were born – I had been dreaming about having a little girl to shop with, put bows in her hair and paint our toes with…..the first words out of my mouth were “Is it a girl?”  We were told you were a girl but I just wanted to be sure – haha - You have brought so much joy to our family – I just love you to pieces.  You were such an easy going baby – so many times I forgot you were even there – you were so quiet and just went with the flow – which was a blessing!  Sure we had some rough patches but I think all babies do – we worked through them and we survived the first year. You nursed like a champ and never had one drop of formula – maybe that doesn’t seem like a big deal to you but I had issues with Sam and we had to supplement and I hated that he had formula.  I must admit I did keep formula in the house just in case but we never needed it…. You were a nursing pro!  You are a decent sleeper, still not STTN yet (although you have done it twice) but I don’t mind.  I actually enjoy our 3am nursing session where you are just so at peace and sleepy – it’s nice snuggle time~ I am so excited to see what changes you will be going thru the next few months – only good times ahead my sweet girl! 

You are my Hannah Banana.
You are my Peanut.
You are my little love.
 I love you all.day.long.
Love,
Mommy


Now on to the good stuff – your party!!!! 
I know you won’t ever remember your party but I still wanted to make it fantastic!  My friend Gena designed the invites

front

back

You looked so cute in your little dress – 


 Here are some of the decorations











You weren’t thrilled about the cake


but then Daddy got you a cupcake and you decided to have a taste


 Yummy



Your favorite part of the present opening was when Daddy blew up a trash bag with air – LOL –


Sam ended up opening your gifts for you – you didn’t mind =)


except when we got home he assumed they were all his since, you know, HE opened them... lol

It was a great party!









... thanks for coming....


No comments:

Post a Comment