Friday, June 3, 2011

Off to Joplin

A girl I work with has family down in Joplin where that horrific tornado went thru - the pictures she showed me brought tears to my eyes - entire neighborhoods just wiped out - I CANNOT imagine being there and having that happen to me - So this girl has decided to send some supplies down to help those in need and I wanted to do what I could.  I scoured my "freebie friday" (Yes I still do that even though I dont post them) closet and got lotion, shaving cream, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shower gel, etc and boxed it up.  I also gathered kids items - baby blankets, bath towels, washcloths, and clothes and gave them to my friend as well.  She said this would be great since most donations are for the adults and the kids need stuff too!  I know its not much but I am glad to help in anyway I can. My heart and prayers go out to all those in who lost their homes and family members..... today I feel extra blessed to have a roof over my head, food in my pantry, and my family by my side. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment