Saturday, August 22, 2009

Haluski! YUM!

My mom and Grandma are in town this weekend while Mark is out doing the 9/11 Memorial Bike Ride. I decided I would attempt to make Haluski. Its so easy and yummy - just cabbage and dough! Mark's cousin Marcia makes this stuff and it disappears in seconds!

First you cut up the cabbage and throw in a pan with a TON of butter!

Then you let it fry so it gets nice and brown - add salt and pepper along the way

Next its time for the dough - you mix 2 cups flour, 1 egg and 1 cup of milk then put it in a spatzel maker over boiling water.

Let the dough cook for 3-5 minutes
Mix it all together and your done!


So yummy and so easy!

Now, I did have to use dairy free margarine in leui of butter and coconut milk vice cow milk (since we are on the milk free diet) but amazingly enough it was still yummy - not AS yummy as when its made with butter but still good! My mom couldnt stop eating it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment