Monday, June 25, 2012

Self dressing

As Sam approches his 4th birthday I am trying to get him to start doing more things on his own - one being getting dressed. Sure he "can" do it but usually says "I cant do it" in a whiny voice - the mornings are rushed so its easier for me to just dress him myself.

I have this empty space on Sam's bedroom wall so I thought it would be a good place to set up his clothes for the week - I bought some wood plaques at Micheals along with the letters for the days of the week - and then attached a hook under them to hold his clothes.
It turned out perfect and now Sam and I pick out all his clothes for the week on Sunday night  - we started this last week and so far no joy but thats ok - having all his clothes picked out is half the battle.  I will keep reminding him and hopefully in the next few months he will surprise me and come downstairs dressed for the day =)



No comments:

Post a Comment