Friday, December 9, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do

I spoke with the asst. director at Sam’s school and got a price quote for Sam and Hannah (she is starting daycare 1 June) and I about DIED!!!!  Guess how much it is…. $1000?  $1500?  $2000?  Nope!  $2137!  What????????  So I knew it was time to find a new school! 

 I had looked at the Malvern School when I was pregnant with Hannah and decided to go back there for another tour.  I loved it and its almost $500 cheaper – so I signed up both kids! When I got to Sam’s school I asked the Director how I go out pulling Sam out – she was shocked and said well we need 30 days notice – when do you want to pull him out? I said “In 30 days”…..

When I arrived this morning I saw the Asst Director and she just looked at me and I laughed and said “wow, word travels fast around here!”  LOL   She is sad to see us go and wanted to make sure it was a financial issue and not something that they could change – I assured her it was.  I am very sad to leave but it’s one of those decisions that has to be made. I am really nervous how Sam will do – he is finally REALLY settled at school – no more tears at drop off – and waves bye to me – I KNOW we will have a rough week or two but I am hoping that Sam loves his new school and adapts quickly! 

I wanted to switch Sam first so he is settled before I have to start Hannah since I am sure it will be rough for her too! So wish us luck!  Sam starts Feb 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment