Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Sam!!

Wow. I have a 3 year old. Sam loves to be Mr. Independent these days and if I try to help him, uh-oh a tantrum is sure to follow.  He loves the color blue, Thomas, Buzz Lightyear, Caliou, Barney, taking baths with colored fizzies, eating peanut butter with a spoon, having “blue” and “red” days when he wears the same color top and bottom, penn state, and anything involving water, bugs and mud!  He hates veggies, taking naps, being told no, and bedtime.

I wanted to surprise him by filling his room with balloons while he slept but as I blew them up a few popped (cheap $ store balloons!) and I didn’t want to risk them spontaneously popping at 2am and scaring him so instead I put them down the banister and put streamers on his door – this is how it looked:




Then he woke up and he pulled the streamers down and all the balloons  lol




I decorated his place setting in the kitchen with balloons and a Buzz balloon and of course the special plate!



 For his friends at school I made Thomas cupcakes – they turned out really cute too!

 

Notice my awesome new find: a cupcake holder – it has 3 tiers and holds 24 cupcakes – love it!



After school since there were 2 cupcakes left I decided to put a candle in one and use that as his cake – haha – he didn’t care =)




We opened some presents  -He got a scooter, some dvd’s, clothes, games, bath fizzies, a camera and some other things





Sam then gathered up all the balloons and put them on the landing of the stairs and sat in them….man! I wish I had filled his room with balloons he would have loved it!!!!!  He even smiled for me so I could take a picture – here is my little Sammy, 3 years old today!


Happy Birthday Bud! I love you more than chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment