Thursday, August 19, 2010

He's back!!!!

It’s been a L-O-N-G three weeks and I have actually gotten a ton of gray hair in those 3 weeks – no joke!!!


My sweet boy who sleeps and eats went away and was replaced by a whiny cranky monster who would only eat fruit bars, popsicles, yogurt and sometimes oatmeal! Night wakings were awful – SCREAMING and flaring – Mark and I were taking turns sleeping with Sam in Zac’s room – it was the ONLY way for any of us to get rest! After the 1st week he got pink eye. After the 2nd week he came down with some awful virus and ran 102-103 for 24 hrs and Motrin wasn’t bringing it down at all. That was scary but the ped assured me he would be fine after a few days. I had some awful mommy moments where I found myself screaming at my child….. I felt horrible after the fact but was just at my wits end….what is wrong with my child??? When he woke from naps and in the morning it was instant screaming and crying – he wanted out of the crib but would hit you when you tried to pick him up. If you put him down he screamed louder. Do you want a drink? Do you want a snack? Do you mommy to pick you up? Do you want to go outside????? Tell mommy what you want…..PLEASE!!!!!!

The funny part was the fever that should have made him cranky and fussy was actually this past Monday and that was when he started actually feeling better! So was it his teeth? We are waiting for his 2 yr molars to pop. Was it a growth spurt and therefore his sleep was being interrupted? I guess I will never know….

This morning my sweet boy returned! Last night he ate chicken and sweet potatoes and watermelon for dinner – yay! Slept thru the night and when we woke up he played in his crib until 6:30 when I went in and got him. So glad your back Sammy – I sure missed you =)

1 comment:

  1. hee hee funny!!! =) Gotta luv the good and the bad!!

    ReplyDelete