Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Adventures and other ramblings......

It was a beautiful weekend! In the 70's both days so we took advantage of it and stayed outside as much as we could! We focused on the backyard mostly, clearing away dead branches from the yard, removing weeds from the flower beds and putting out fresh mulch. I added a few frogs (sam loves frogs and says ribbit ribbit every time he sees one!) and a new garden flag and it was complete!

Another project was rain barrels. We try to be environmentally conscious - we recycle, we reuse items (mark prides himslef on finding uses for scraps he saved - haha), and so forth. I was reading about using gray water for outside use and saw some rain barrels so I convinced mark to hook me up! We have 2 sump pump drains on each side of the house and they run alot so the backyard is always wet - ugh! Now, the water will run into the buckets where I can fill my water can and use it on the flowers and plants in the back yard - love it! Mark isnt thrilled with how they look so I offfered to find some tall shrubs to block them from the road - here is a pic of one:

Another project involved another "reuse" item - hahahah - Our neighbor was throwing out his 2 front bucket seats from his VW beetle - Of course Mark wanted them.... The guy happily gave them to us and Mark got to work! He connected them to some wood and made "gaming" chairs for the boys to use in the basement - they turned out cool and the boys liked them too! Here is Sam and Daddy checking them out!
Saturday, Sam and I were in the play room waiting for it to warm up outside - he likes to run and jump on you when you are laying down - he laughs and laughs - well, this time after he jumped on me he stood up and head butted me on the cheek bone...OMG pain!!! He laughed.... my kid has a HARD HEAD! The pic doesnt look to bad but I felt weird going out in public with a black eye:


In other news Sam finally ate green beans!!! He had 4 or 5 and I was all excited - so for the lunch the next day I put some in his bag but Miss Jen told me he wouldnt eat any of them.... oh well......


Sam loves the Xbox controller! Seems like he will be following in his brother's footsteps.....



LOVE this pic of Sam and Josh - so sweet! He was talking with a friend on the headset and he asked who the kid was and Josh said "thats my little brother" awwwww!!!!!

We snapped this one outside on Sunday - I told Sam to say Cheese and got this smile - so cute!

Sam and Zac were playing peek-a-boo in the door - the last one is a favorite as well - love the REAL expression on Z's face =)


This one I call "Life with a toddler" - yep, thats my bathroom after Sam was in it - I really need child locks on the cabinets!!!!


1 comment: