Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snakes and Snails

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails
That’s what little boys are made of!

I just found out that my friend Andrea is having a boy next February. I was thinking about when I found out that Sam was a boy and I was a little disappointed – I wanted manicures and dresses and pig tails – not trucks and frogs and dirt!

Boy was I wrong!
I love having a little boy!

Sam is still very young so most of the “boy” stuff is yet to be but there is just something about his quirky little smile and the way he throws his head back in a fit of laughter! He loves great big trucks and knocking over towers of blocks. If you lay on the floor he will kneel next to you and fall on top of you – repeatedly – thinking it’s the most hilarious thing in the world! When we are out and about he smiles and waves to everyone and all the ladies coo over him! He likes it when you chase him and flip him upside down. He likes to jump – A LOT! I definitley think he will be an “outdoor” kid, who likes to play in the rain and make mud pies (like his cousin Kevin) – I can handle the dirt and trucks and sports but if he ever brings me a frog I might have to run away…..…ewwww!!!!! He just learned the sign for frog (tongue in and out) and its so cute to see him do it!

Oh and boys really love their mommies =) heehee

Nick and Andrea: Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little boy – I promise you he will bring you more delight than you have ever known! And of course Sam is stokked about having a new buddy to play with! =) We love you and cant wait to meet your son!

Oh and here is my advice to you for having a boy…. When changing the diaper remember to point the penis DOWN! It will save you lots in the laundry department ;-) I learned the hard way!

Obvioulsy I cant speak to the wonders of little girls but if I ever blessed with one I am sure I will be back on here saying all the wonderful things about them too =)

1 comment: