Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Sisters

Growing up my sister and I weren’t very close – there is a 5 year age difference and we were just different people. I was always that bratty little sister that got her in trouble – lol. I was always envious of my best friend and her sister – they have always had such a great friendship between them… one that I wanted to have with my sister as well. Life just doesn’t always work out the way we expect it to though.

Fast forward to today. Who would have thought we would be pregnant at the same time and have kids 5 weeks apart??? This was her 4th child and my 1st. We started talking a lot during my pregnancy because I had a zillion questions – I was exposed to chicken pox, fifths disease, had bad triple screen results, was scared of the diabetes test, etc, and she was there to offer advice. Once Sam arrived she was by my side again, helping me with breastfeeding – giving advice and offering things that worked for her in the past. My sister even called me a few times asking for advice. I love getting together with her now and watching our kids play – hoping they will be great friends as they grow up =)

I hate the phone and will avoid it if at all possible – lol – but I never hesitate to text or call about smaller issues. I was emailing her the other day about how Sam is sick and went from sleeping thru the night to getting up 3-4 times and how exhausted I am. She told me that it sounds like an ear infection – so, I took my big sisters advice and Mark took Sam to the drs today… guess what? He has an ear infection! Ugh =( I don’t think I would have taken him to the doctor on my own – I assumed it was just a fever he had to work thru on his own – so, thanks Michelle!

So, it took years to get a little closer to my sister but it was worth the wait! I know that I can call her anytime and she will be there with advice for me =)

Now, if only I can convince her to have another baby the same time as me….. hahahah

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a beautiful thing to write. How true is was. But it was worth the wait.... It makes me so happy to see how you both support each other now that you have grown so close and you both have children. What a beautiful relationship you both have. At times I wish I had a sister. Aunt Dawn is the closest thing I have and she is the best! I love you both. Keep sharing the love!

    ReplyDelete