Monday, October 14, 2013

My Birthday, or, uh Weekend!

Back Story:
My wonderful hubby had booked a hotel in Philly and made dinner reservations for us Friday night, the night my mom was arriving to watch the kids.
He tells me that we will have to wake up at 4am to head to PSU - umm, what? No thanks. That is not how I want to spend my birthday.  So I kindly ask hubby to cancel the hotel and reservations and suggest we leave Friday afternoon and head to his dads and sleep in on Saturday =)
 
Then mom gets stuck in traffic - LOTS of traffic.  Lots of rain and accidents.  We decide to play it safe and wait until she arrives rather than risk her getting here past 6pm which is when school closes.  Good call on our part - she didn't arrive until 8pm!
 
Good news is we had zero traffic heading out west and made it there in no time!
 
Saturday Mark got me some breakfast and coffee and then we headed out the door.  It was homecoming weekend and the tailgate was starting at 10am - oh wait I forgot to mention that the game was at 5pm!  WHAT?  Yep, a 7 hour tailgate!
 

I was expecting cooler weather so I brought my winter coat - it ended up being sunny and quite hot!  I had to find some shade around 2pm!
 
Back at home the kids were having fun with grandma!
 
Fire House for the Open House

 
And the park!



 
7yr old girl : Mommy I think Sparky had too  much sugar today
Her Mom: Yep I think so too
 
sugar, alcohol?  same thing right?  LOL
 
Mark was on TV for trivia about PSU - he was 0 for 3
 


The game was actually really good!  After 4 OT periods PSU won!!!
 

 
Back home the kids had fun playing outside
 



 
Sunday morning we got up and had a nice breakfast with Mark's dad and went to see some family friends.
 
On the way home we stopped at the Melting Pot for a Birthday Dinner. YUMMY!
 

 
38 years old -yikes, way to close to 40!
 
When we got home Sam had picked me some clovers
 
 
Monday we had cake!  Not sure why its upside down!

 
It was a great birthday!!!
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Bet Grandma had a better time with the little ones. Loved spending the time with Sam and Hannah all by myself. What beautiful quality time. The kids were so good. We had lots of fun, hugs, and kisses.......

    ReplyDelete