Monday, November 12, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

I thought this would be a good year to start teaching Sam about giving and gratitude.  I signed up to fill a shoebox for a little boy ages 2-4 and explained to Sam that not all kids get Christmas gifts, some dont have any toys at all.  I told him how lucky he was to have a house, and toys, and food to fill his belly.
I told him we were going to fill a shoebox with some goodies for a little boy his age who doesnt have many things - Sam of course wanted to get him toys and candy - I let him pick out a few things and then I guided him towards others, such as the toothbrush and toothpaste.
 

I am sure Sam still doesnt quite understand but hopefully in the next few years he will - here's to the start of a great new tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment