Friday, April 8, 2011

We're on our own....

After having my mom here for a few weeks and then Mark's mom here I got use to having help around - well Mark's mom left at 6am this morning so we are on our own now - which means I have to take Hannah with me to drop off Sam at daycare.

It went really well.  I woke up and got dressed.  Hannah was sleeping peacefully in her crib and I got Sam up and we went downstairs.  Sam ate his breakfast and got dressed without a peep.  I went upstairs and got Hannah and nursed her and put her in the carseat - we got on our coats and hopped in the car.  When we got to daycare Sam helped me carry Hannah's car seat into school and happily showed off his baby sister.  Sam sat down to eat breakfast and Hannah and I headed home.

hahah  I crack myself up!  That is how I "envisioned" the morning going.... yeah, not quite, this is how it really went.

Hannah woke up at 6:15 and I nursed her - I was hoping she would go back to sleep but nope, she stayed awake, so, I had to take her with me to wake up Sam.  I get Sam up and of course I am holding Hannah and Sam wants to be held too - ugh... so here I am carrying 2 kids downstairs....

We get downstairs and I turn on Sesame Street for Sam while he eats his yogurt - in order for him to get dressed I bribe him with chocolate sprinkles for his yogurt - hey, whatever works!   Hannah nurses again and then I put her in the car seat while I get Sam's coat on.  She starts to cry... I know she is tired.... I get Hannah in the car and while I do that Sam goes running out the garage and down the driveway....grrrr.... I get him and put him in the car against his wishes!  We get to daycare and Sam comes around to Hannah's door to help me then he decides it would be fun to run away ... again.... I take Hannah and put her inside the door at daycare and then chase after Sam.  I get Sam and carry him inside. We go to the kitchen to heat up his breakfast and put away his lunch and yep, you guessed it.... he runs away - down the hall... OMG!  I leave Hannah in the kitchen and chase after Sam.  How in the world do other moms do this????  I get Sam in his classroom and Miss Christina comes over and Sam announces "NO!  MY baby sister" - he doesnt want anyone near her - cute, but then again not so much - haha

Finally I get Sam seated and grab Hannah - we get in the car and she gets the hiccups - why is this bad? Cuz they always last a long time and they always make her cry.  We are still about 10 minutes from home and she starts to cry so I start to sing, LOUD, REALLY LOUD... and she calms down and even falls asleep!  We get home and she naps for 2 hours in her carseat -

The best part?  Its Friday!  So, I dont have to do this again until Monday ;-)  eheh!

2 comments:

  1. i am still willing to come and be a live in nanny and cook =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can bring Sam to Maryland! That way you will be back to only one child.... LOL

    ReplyDelete