Sunday, March 6, 2011

Liquid Gold

Hannah lost 9.4% of her birth weight - Sam did the same thing.... of course I thought "oh no! Not this again!"  We met with the lactation consultant and she got me pumping after each feed and to avoid bottles this early in the game we had Mark finger feed her - here is the colostrum that I pumped the first time - I got ALOT - also known as "Liquid Gold"


Mark attched the feeding tube to his pinky and Hannah would suck it down!






We did this 3 times and the next day they weighed her and she had gained 1oz - thank goodness she hadnt lost anymore!  I assumed it was the supplemental feedings but the pediatrician said we would of had to supplement at least 8 feeds to see a weight gain so that means she did it on her own - YAY!  and no more pumping was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment