Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Art lessons

Sam is always asking me to draw things for him and I have not one lick of art in my finger! I usually tell him to ask Daddy because he can draw!

Sam: Mommy can you draw me something?
Me: No honey - I don't know how - lets wait until daddy gets home
Sam: But you know how to draw a boat!
Me: Yes, I do - I can draw a boat
Sam: Mommy you just need practice!
Me: Yes I do!
Sam: Here I will give you a lesson!

sam leaves and then comes back

Sam:  Here draw this

Sam leaves again
Sam: Here are the directions:


I draw


Me: How does that look?
Sam: You did the hat wrong
Try this

sam is top mine is bottom
Me: Here you go!
Sam: ugh! Your triangle is too big!
Try this bear.
Me: Umm that looks super tricky
Sam: I traced it - its easy - you try

sam is left mine is right
Sam: Oh! Yours looks better than mine!
Me: Whats next?
Sam: A lawnmower

Sam on top mine on bottom
Sam: Nice try mommy - see  you can draw!

Sam on top mine on bottom
Me: Like this one?
Sam: that looks ok.  The last one is an angry bird!
Me: Ok let me try

Sam on top mine on bottom
Me: How does it look?
Sam: eh
Me: eh? What does that mean?
Sam: I will just wait for daddy....
Me: good idea!


1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Sam will have to give his Grandma a lesson in drawing.

    ReplyDelete