Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eat From the Pantry Challenge

New year - new goals! We are really trying to tighten the buckles on finances right now and Mark has already been successfully using cash only for his purchases - I plan to start that after the new year as well. I am also excited to join Money Saving Mom in her Eat From The Pantry Challenge -The plan is simple - eat from your pantry ! We all have frozen foods and cans of veggies tucked in the back of the pantry that we never use and the point of this challenge is to save money and eat food you already have. I will be stealing menu ideas from the Prudent Homemaker who has easy meals planned out for months!

Here are my goals which will be tricky since Sam is dairy free - he wont be able to eat what we eat and I may end up spending more money on his "special" foods but I will do my best!


1) To be realistic I am giving myself 2 weeks to do this - if i can manage longer - great!

2) Spend no more than $30 per week on food

3) No eating out


simple right?


I will try to post some of our meals and how we are doing on the blog as well! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment