Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One year anniversary!

The moment a child is born,the mother is also born. She never existed before.

The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.



One year ago today I became a mom ♥

I always thought I knew what it would be like to be a mom before I had kids – yeah, I had no clue! It has been a long crazy year filled with happiness, sadness, confusion, sleeplessness, and lots of crying! Before Sam I couldn’t really fathom how much love I could hold in my heart. The love a mother feels for her child is like no other. Sure, I love my parents, my husband, my step-kids, my nieces and nephews, and brothers and sisters, but my heart just opens up when it comes to Sam. I would do anything for that little boy – I would give my life for him.

So, today I am taking a moment to reflect on the day that Sam made me a mom and to thank him for teaching me patience, love, kindness and how to smile at 4am when I really want to be in bed sleeping ;-)

It makes me wonder if my mom privately celebrates my birthday as a milestone in her life, too. I bet she does

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the tears are flowing my dear daughter Gina. What a beautiful tribute you wrote for your Son Sam's first birthday. You are such a sweet and loving Mom to my grandson. I am so proud of you for being the kind of Mom that I always dreamed that you would be. You have done an awesome job in raising him and I know you will continue on the right path. As for the breatfeeding, I prayed so often that you would stick with it and not give up. I was there for you when I could be and encouraged you to continue but I knew in my heart that that was your decision to make. I guess my prayers were answered. I think Baby Sam was testing you and he did a great job... You are also right about me celebrating each one of my kids on the day that they were born. I do reflect and try to remember the events of that day. I do remember the first time I saw each one of my babies for the first time. There was a love in my heart and soul that only a Mom could feel. And now I know that you did experience that same feeling. Continue to love and cherish the little guy. I know I do. Thank you and Mark for my beautiful grandson. Wish I could be there when he opens his gifts from his G'Ma. Love and hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Gina. Yes, Dad's feel love also, just don't show it the same way. Love ya' Dad.

    ReplyDelete